Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Chapter 5 (Part 2)

An ordinary person could only see the first strike then the rest would be blurry movements accompanied by the sound of metal clashing against each other. Debris was flying everywhere and people would be scrambling for safety here and there. Most of the audience (or what’s left of them) would slide across the bleachers as they dodge the large boulders but then they would eventually get stuck between a rock and a hard place – literally. The reason why the tournament wasn't completely desolate yet was because people were torn between fleeing for their lives and not missing the epic fight. In short it was chaotic.  

It turned out to be a long and drawn out fight because Noirxus and I reached a dangerous deadlock. We were fighting at close range about two feet apart, both of us aiming for each other’s throats while in midair. You heard that right. Apparently because of our fighting styles, we kept giving each other lifts that created the illusion of flying or floating.

“How long have they been up there?” someone whispered.

“I don’t know. Perhaps fifteen minutes?” the other answered while scratching his head. “I lost track of my sense of time watching those two.”

“I know what you mean. They make you feel like either our world is in slow motion or their world is in fast forward.”

Won’t you people shut up? I can’t concentrate!

Noirxus took advantage of the distraction and was able to give me a shallow cut on my neck. With that sudden turn of events, I was forced to block all the way to the ground but not without giving him a cut on a shoulder (I was aiming for the heart) and a cut on the waist (I was aiming for the abdomen).

I landed on the pile of huge protruding rocks that was once known as the stage, and then pushed Noirxus back as far as I could. He jumped a few meters away and rested on another boulder. We were both breathing heavily at this point.

“Does this fight satisfy you Chryisle?” he asked in between breaths.

“Yeah,” I answered simply then resumed my stance.

“Good. Then I surrender,” he said sheathing his sword.

Wait what? “Hold on! What do you mean ‘surrender’?” I asked taken aback.

“Well I’m very tired. You kept me up all night remember?”

“……”

Can you word in a way that won’t cause misunderstanding? You’re putting people’s minds in the gutter.

“Besides there’s no point in wounding a partner,” Noirxus continued.

Seriously stop that. But I have to agree with him though. If we had continued, the next step would be releasing killing intent at which point, one of our heads would roll.

 “Ladies and gentlemen, we have an unexpected turn of events! After all that stage breaking rampage, Noirxus – in an anticlimactic fashion – surrendered! Except for that guy’s let down surrender, this could be the most awesome his-head-should-have-rolled tournament in the history of Breizek city!” a guy from the audience said, playing announcer. The real announcer fled the scene ages ago, following his self-preservation instinct.

Wow that guy must have some grudge against Noirxus.  

After staring at the substitute announcer for a while, Noirxus and I slowly walked off the stage…

“Hold it right there ugly girl!” a loud voice said.

Did someone just call the gorgeous me an ugly girl?

“Yeah, you. Chryisle is it?”

He just confirmed his death anniversary.  

“Don’t ignore me, moron!” he hollered at me. I slowly turned to him, my face contorted into the most malicious smile I’ve ever wore. From the corner of my eye, I saw Noirxus take a few steps away from me and look at the owner of the voice with the most pitiful eyes as if saying ‘Even though I don’t know you, I’ll bury your corpse for you’.

Well what do you know? It’s the Dragon Slayer from the other day. I was unsatisfied of Noirxus’ surrender so I guess I should be venting out on this guy next? I laughed darkly. 

6 comments:

  1. i just started reading today and i am already in this chapter. great piece. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay more update XD <3 thankies <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. No thank you for your appreciation~ ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found this site. Like your story. I like the comedy that you made in the story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your stories but you could use a bit of imagination for the insults. for example.. instead of "ugly girl" you can use 'ugly wretch' or 'dragon faced girl' it doesn't have to be the f word or anything, just use your imagination to make it funny yet insulting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm. That is a very good advice. I had a piece in my drafts where the insults were marked "xxx or ooo or @#$!. You sir just gave me a helpful tip! Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete